When a loved one passes away it is a difficult time. We can help. Whether you are needing a small estate affidavit, a full formal probate, or assistant with administration of a trust, we have the expertise and experience to quickly and efficiently wrap up the estate.

What happens when someone dies? There may be a free for all to grab personal items, but other property is not as easy to obtain, what about title to real property, to a vehicle, access to a bank account?

A number of options may be available. First, if there is only one asset to be accessed, it may be possible to administer the estate with a DMV Inheritance Affidavit, or a Banking Affidavit. If the estate is small, a small estate affidavit may allow you to skip many of the probate formalities.

In some situations a probate cannot be avoided, the court will appoint a personal representative, to administer the final affairs of the decedent. We can help you from the process of becoming appointed all the way through distribution of the estate assets and beyond.

Perhaps your loved one planned ahead, and their property is in living trust. There are still some formalities and steps you will need to take to ensure you are receiving good and clean title to their property. Let us answer your questions and help you through this process.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *